April 10, 2020

i am NEVER ANIMATING AGAIN for this show GOOD AND BYE YALL

when the ATHF reanimated collab comes out i will post my animation entry separately but for now... behind the scenes work!
if you notice i gave up on drawing actual bones real early in and instead just drew whatever... considering how much of a pain it was to color and finalize this background I'm v happy w/ it!!! :)
also some bonus stuff from me trying to make refs:
^ v loose height ref for this cavern because I totally panicked on how I would place these two ><
as you can see frylock's outfit wasn't finalized yet
^ actual refs themselves for colors and outfits! shake's hoodie & hat were simplified to help animate it better along w/ more limited color palettes for the two to speed up coloring, but in post-production the chroma key messed w/ shake's colors so they're kinda darker in the final thing. I WISH I could've kept them as tall and sketchy like this but it didn't translate well into motion haha
^ my fav frame..................... "shake pogchamp"
all in all i started work on this in Feb and kept at it for 2 months, so I'm glad I actually finished it!! animatics are super fun for getting loose things out but actual lined/colored animation is just so satisfying in the end

No comments:

Post a Comment